Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gloomy morning...

Today, I had to get up early, because someone from the propane company is coming by to convert my dryer to propane, and getting up was no easy task. Crazy dreams, muscle and joint soreness, and a headache were some of my contenders to deal with, but I really want this to be a good day. I promised the little one that we would make homemade fingerpaint.

I took our mountains of laundry to the laundry mat last last and by the end of the ordeal my sciatic nerve was just a little bothered. Bought little one shoes, got some paint chips for a craft project for the girl, and paint for our bathroom. I can't wait to see her face when the bathroom is pink. She will be so happy!

So, when I came home and saw that the boys only did a half (expletive deleted) job in the house, I was a little unhappy, but it didn't stop me from staying up until after midnight cleaning the kitchen. It needed to be done.

So, this morning I have more cleaning to do, and I had this thought that made me a little sad. I believe in living each day to its fullest potential. We only get a certain number of days on this wonderful planet and it seems selfish to waste even one. However, most days I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle to hold on and I want each day to melt away until the next just until I can be happy again. It's not fair. Today, is one of those days where I'm determined to fight the bad feelings and pain and embrace the little things. It looks like rain outside, but inside it is nice and cozy, and I feel safe here. I want my kids to come home and be excited to join me and feel like this is our haven. That is my goal today...

No comments:

Post a Comment