Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anxiety...

I hate anxiety. I hate feeling like I want to do a million things at one time, but then a failure when I can't. I have a friend who used to remind me that it is all about baby steps. No matter what my goal is, I know that I have to break it up into smaller goals.

Today, it's all about preparing. I need to clean the house (with 4 1/2 children, that is a bit of a challenge), so I do one thing at a time, generally 15 minutes in each room, then back to the computer to deal with other things, like writing and making shopping lists. I find myself easily distracted though...

I watched a video today about viewing bipolar disorder as an advantage, rather than a disability, so I'm trying to see how I can use my anxiety as a benefit. I completely understand what he said about having too much information flood my brain. That's exactly how it feels right now. I think I'm going to take a break and try to feel good about what I have done today, and not obsesses about the things I haven't gotten to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment