Saturday, January 21, 2012

Laundry and Rockin' the Casbah...

Today, my son has his friend over and I went to town with my mother and daughter. I started out in a morose mood, but it got better as the morning went on. I discovered World Market, which we completely fell in love with. I only spent a few dollars, but bought some great smelling soap and some tissues that said, "Keep Calm and Carry On" which is my favorite slogan.

When we came back, I realized that something needed to be done about the laundry. I didn't have the means to clean it all or dry it, so despite this horrendous pain in my hip, I took my middle son to the laundry mat to get it caught up. Having clean laundry and dishes I know will improve my mood. I feel happiness brewing...

I'm actually still at the laundry mat drying clothes and finding the peace and quiet serene. It's nice only having one child with me to help rather than to get in the way and irritate me. I needed this quiet. I am looking forward to going home and relaxing for the rest of the night. Tomorrow, I'm selling my old from my car I had to sell and buying a puppy for my oldest son. I haven't told him yet, but I know he'll be excited. He's been asking for a German Shepherd. Well, now I'm off to see if I can some writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment