Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Debt

One of the questions that I was asked when a doctor was evaluating me for bipolar disorder was if I found it hard to deal with money and a light bulb went off in my head. I realized that I could forgive myself because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stick to a budget or shop without anxiety, which led to overspending.

Since then, I have gotten a little better, but I have a long way to go. I successfully have one credit card, with a $150 limit, that I pay off each month. If I'm unable to go shopping because it causes anxiety, I make a list and send someone else. However, according to my credit report, I am $10,453 in debt. I have other bills that I need to catch up on, but I have a plan. My goal for the year is to pay off all of this debt. I have a ridiculously low credit score because all of my credit report info, aside from the one credit card, is bad. My goal is to raise my credit score 100 points by the end of the year.

I am going to print out my credit report and begin today. I'm terrified to see what it says! However, I am committed to change this one aspect of my life. I want to have control over this and will update as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment